I just discovered that popcap’s downloadable games are all 50% off until 12/23. That means that I am about to buy Plants vs Zombies and waste away the rest of my life. Why does this happen to me?
Archive for gaming
Fantastic Contraption: A fun, free game where you get a few tools, the goal of getting a red ball into a red box, and an environment.
Simplify Media: Stream your (or your friends’) iTunes library to another computer or your iphone, even when it’s not on the same network.
Don’t have a wii yet? Amazon seems to have gotten a bunch. The nice thing about it is you can get free shipping and you don’t have to deal with our ridiculous sales tax. Go get yourself one!
As of about 10 minutes ago, there were something like 20 Nintendo Wiis left at the new Best Buy over in West Nashville on Charlotte. They started the day with 100, and there are still about 20 left, so you have a good chance of scoring if you jump on it soon.
I have no idea what is going on in this game, but I think the general idea is to slam into the guy as hard as possible so that he will bounce. I’d be glad to find out what is going on with the various people who “boost” or “angle up” or whatever, so if you read Japanese please feel free to share. You know who you are.
Gizmodo points us to the Xbox 360 locator, so those desperate to find one for the holidays can check to see if any Best Buy stores in the area have any in stock. Looks like the next shipment is coming on December 18th. Time to get in line!
Lady E. and I are spending our day productively: Indiana Jones marathon with KFC and Magners.
Some drinking cues for today’s game, which we are personalizing from a site we found (link below):
- Both: We hear the theme song
- fap: A Nazi dies
- LE: Map/route appears
- fap: Someone’s knocked off a moving vehicle
- LE: Someone jumps on a moving vehicle
- Both: We hear a new accent
- Both: A woman yells at Indy
- Both: Someone onscreen drinks
- fap: Indy almost gets impaled, crushed, chopped up
- LE: A bad guy gets impaled
- fap: Indy hangs from a rope
- LE: Indy gets shot at
- Both: Laws of physics don’t apply
- fap: Indy loses his hat
- LE: Indy defeats a booby trap
- fap: Something is on fire
- LE: A skeleton is on screen
- Both: Yankees cap
- LE: Bad guys is shot in forehead
- fap: Old man gives Indy advice
- Both: Indy uses his whip